Winter 2022 COVID-19 Updates
Brothers and Sisters,
The health and safety of our members and families is our top priority, Local 6 will continue to keep our members up to date with the latest information regarding new COVID-19 guidelines and safety recommendations. Please continue reading below to learn more about the recent changes at the municipal and state level regarding COVID-19 orders.
Statewide Mask Requirement for K-12 Schools
On February 9, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) announced that the statewide mask requirement for K-12 schools will be lifted on February 28. The DESE and Massachusetts Department of Public Health will only require students and faculty to wear mask if they test positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact unvaccinated individuals, both asymptomatic and symptomatic.
City of Boston Vaccine Mandate
- Original CDC vaccination card
- Photo of your CDC vaccination card
- Photo of any official immunization record
- Uploaded image of CDC card or immunization record on City of Boston B Together app or any other COVID vaccine verification app
Booster Shot Eligibility
- Adults 18 years and older who received the Moderna vaccine are eligible for a booster shot five (5) months after second vaccination date.
- Adults 18 years and older who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are eligible for a booster shot two (2) months after vaccination date.
- Everyone 12 years and older who received the Pfizer vaccine are eligible for a booster shot five (5) months after second vaccination date.
To find vaccination sites, visit VaxFinder.mass.gov.
Individuals who are unable to reach a vaccination site may participate in the state’s in-home vaccination program. Learn more at Mass.gov/Info-Details/COVID-19-In-Home-Vaccination-Program.
COVID-19 testing is widely available in Massachusetts. To find a testing location near you, visit Mass.gov/Info-Details/Find-A-Covid-19-Test. You can also purchase at-home COVID-19 tests at your local pharmacy.
As of January 15, all insurance companies and health plans are required to cover eight (8) free over-the-counter at-home tests for each covered individual per month. Click here for more information.
Business Manager/Financial Secretary
Insulators Local 6