Jumpstart your career today
Get hands-on training and earn while you learn as a mechanical insulation apprentice
- The application period for the 2022 Apprenticeship program is now closed.
We provide the highest level of on-the-job training and classroom instruction, so that our apprentices are fully qualified to meet the professional challenges of the insulation industry.
The 1,600 hour-per-year program is structured for:
• Entry-level workers
• Those already working in the insulation industry who wish to upgrade their skills and to advance to journeyman status
All apprentices benefit from membership in the Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers Union.
Build Your Skills
As an apprentice, you will be assigned to work for an insulation contractor, working side-by-side with experienced journeymen.
As you progress, you will be assigned increasingly complicated tasks requiring less supervision. Gradually, your sense of pride, independence, and self-confidence will grow.
You Will Learn
• Proper Insulation procedures for insulating Heating systems, AC systems, High-Pressure Steam systems, Refrigeration systems, and more
• OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Safety Training Courses
• Asbestos Removal and Mediation
• Lead Removal and Mediation
• 3E Energy Audits
• CPR and First Aid Training Courses
• Professional Code of Conduct Program
Earn While You Learn
The average starting wage for first-year apprentices is 50% of the mechanics’ wage rate, plus benefits. Your earnings will be adjusted upward each year to reflect your advancing skills and increasing knowledge of the trade.
Don’t wait to finish your training to begin earning a living. Start building economic security and long-term stability now.